Friday, January 4, 2008

Long...short week

It's amazing how a work week of two days can seem SOOOO long! I have been tired by 7 PM each night. I have no plans for the weekend, so that is nice...and we are back to two college girls here (our own). Hilary will leave Sunday afternoon to go back to ENC for J-Term.

I am learning that parenting is not easy. Not that I didn't already know that, I mean 24 years ago when Lindsey was whisked away after she was born and we didn't know if she was going to live or die...that has hard. There have been experiences with all the girls that have been difficult. This week I found myself struggling with letting go. Katie had to make an important decision about a relationship...it was a difficult one, but she felt the right one. I struggled to not ask too many questions; that's not easy for me. I process things verbally...guess I need to hear it for it to make sense. Katie (as well as the rest of my family, I think) are internal processors(or is it -ers when you talk about people?). Anyway, as I lay in bed struggling with letting go and having no control over how the situation/relationship was handled, I began to think about God. I mean He knows the choices we are going to make, yet He backs off and lets us make them. I wonder if it is a struggle for Him. Does His heart ache when the hearts of His children are aching, like a parent's heart does? I'm not sure I have all those answers, but it gave me a different perspective on God my Father... What I do know is I am glad that I have a perfect, loving Heavenly Father, who knows what the outcome of every situation I face will be and is there to guide me to it and through it.

1 comments:

Melodie said...

Here's a comment, let's see if it goes through.