Sunday, September 9, 2007

Not much new...

School is going well. I am still in 5th grade, but not one:one and not with the same 5th grade teacher. I am with the 2 other 5th grade teachers. I enjoy the kids I'm with and have been with most of them since they were in 1st grade. The weather is finally feeling like September. Monday-Thursday it was in the 70's Friday and Saturday in the 90's. It was 95 degrees in my classroom on Friday afternoon! Today it is 65 degrees and rainy! Go figure...

The girls are doing well. Lindsey is enjoying having a real classroom this year. Hilary is enjoying being back at Eastern Nazarene College; although she isn't sleeping very well and Katie is adjusting to college life at Eastern University. She's joined the Swing Dance Club. Her only complaint is that she is tired and can't seem to get enough sleep. I hope she adjusts soon - I don't want her sick like she was last year.

John has the pleasure of studying HazMat laws for his CDL license renewal this week. It's a lot more involved since 9/11 than it used to be. One Voice started again Saturday. The drama is still in formative stages, but the music has been chosen, but I'm sure some of it will be deleted as we deal with time constraints. I have never helped with the Christmas performance. I'm already thinking through all of the things I need to get done early for here at home. I don't want to be too stressed during the holidays.

I was reading a few blogs today and reminded that even though I feel like the past few years John and I have been in a holding pattern, as far as ministry goes, God is in the process of completing His plan in His time. (Thanks Lindsey and Bethany.) I hope you've had a great weekend and are looking forward to Monday.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my...that was funny...it took me a while to realize "I am in the 5th grade" did not mean you were a 5th grader, but taught 5th graders....giggle.

Patience is a virtue...God will use you at the right time in your ministry.