Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thieves, Verizon and ISAIAH

Thankfully the damage to my school was not huge; however, items were stolen. I am praying that the culprits will be caught in a speedy manner.

Long story short...Katie's cell phone stopped charging...I made a phone call to Verizon. She went to a Verizon store where there was a technician...they checked her phone and then gave her a new phone...no questions...no cost...end of story. I applaud the customer service of Verizon - at least the cell phone department. I am always treated respectfully and my issues dealt with and corrected. Hooray for Verizon!

Over the past few years I have at times asked God for a glimpse of what He is doing and what He has in store for me and John and ministry. Interestingly enough, every time I have prayed that we have gotten a phone call or some form of contact about a new ministry situation within 72 hours. Each time we have wondered if this was what God had for us next...and each time we would get 3-5 steps into the process only to have the whole thing fall through. I've told God that at times it feels like the horse and carrot trick and I was tired of carrots. I KNOW God does not really play games or use carrots. Today when I was writing in my journal to God (thank you Becky Tirabassi), I told God I still would like a glimpse of what He was up to even though I realize that it could mean one of two options: 1) what He has in mind for us is not ready for us yet or 2) we are staying here (and yes, I honestly told Him I wasn't thrilled about what it appears option 2 means). Anyway, I began reading the passages for today and low and behold words from the prophet Isaiah spoke to me. Granted, I am nowhere neat as in touch with God as Isaiah was and I am only taking pieces, but it was those pieces that jumped off the page for me - I love how God speaks to me that way.

Here's my promise for the day and future from Isaiah 49:4 and 49:8a...

"I replied,'But my work all seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose at all, Yet, I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward.'" (4)
"This is what the Lord says: 'At just the right time, I will respond to you...'" (8a)

0 comments: