Friday, February 16, 2007

Still Cold...

The wind has been amazing the past two days! Thankfully I have not had to go outside for recess duty at school. I really feel bad for John. He is exhausted. He didn't work Wednesday because of the storm, so now he and the rest of the drivers have to work tomorrow. He has worked 12-14 hour days this week PLUS he is now on call! I'm not sure what God has in mind for us...I just know that John can't keep this schedule forever.

We had the Family Feast at church tonight. It was nice, but John couldn't be there. Katie got a big surprise today. Over a year ago she had seen a dress on ebay that she wanted for her Senior Prom because "no one else would have one like it...". I did not agree to buy it - I mean what if it didn't fit or was junk? Plus Senior Prom was a year away. Last month she found the dress again. It is from a company that tailor makes a number of styles of formal dresses. SOOOO...I gave in this time and bid. We won! I paid more for shipping that I did for the dress. We were told it would be 3-5 weeks before the dress was shipped since they had to make it. TODAY, 2-1/2 weeks after paid for, the dress arrived by registered mail! Katie was SO excited and the dress fits perfectly! I'll need to take her to get a hoop skirt for it (never thought I'd be taking one of my girls to do that!). I couldn't resist a photo shoot and scrapbook page since the dress had a real story. Enjoy the layout. Katie's smile says it all.


Credits: Papers and Page Elements "Bella" at Scrapgirls
Template: Tracy Blankenship February Sketch

The many texture layers are more than my normal style, but they seemed to fit the many layers and textures of the dress.

3 comments:

Kann said...

What a great page a story! Its beautiful! see you tommorrow!

Tracy Blankenship said...

what a beautiful girl and dress! wow! and you are so right...the layers in the layout mirror the dress! perfect! love it. thanks for sharing!
TracyB

Colleen said...

gorgeous dress!