Sunday, January 7, 2007

Not what I had planned...

Well, yesterday was not at all what I had planned. I woke up about 3:30 AM with the onset of a migraine. Took some meds and went back to bed with a heated rice pack on my forehead and another one around the back of my neck. Took some more meds at 7 AM - this time the RX with codeine; 2 rice packs and one ICE pack on the top of my head. My dh tried so hard not to laugh; I was just glad he does not have the "need" to document in photos all of the events of our lives like I do. Most of the day was spent doing a few small chores and resting. I could edit photos on the computer without moving my head too much, so got many edited. It was almost 70 degrees here in the White Mountains or New Hampshire...a winter playground??(not). I feel really bad for the ski resorts and all businesses that rely on tourism. We may get a little snow tonight into the AM Monday, but right now the ground is bare and it is 55 degrees.

I felt better today and did play the keyboard at church. I could tell I was still somewhat under the influence of the meds of the previous day though; even one man at church said he noticed I looked a little groggy as I staggered back to my pew. Didn't realize I had staggered...Thankfully the kids were watching a video in Sunday School...I would loved to have taken a nap by that time. We had a wonderful lunch of Country Style Steak, rice, gravy, salad and rolls. That meal is comfort food to me; reminds me of my Mom. John now has the headache, but is managing to stay awake long enough to cheer on the Patriots. Just heard from my favorite SIL - the BIL has been in the hospital with kidney stones and was to have surgery this AM. 20 minutes before surgery he passed the stone, so is on his way home from the hospital (listening to the Pats on the radio...). So glad he didn't have to have surgery.

Well, I should go finish some laundry, leftover from yesterday. Hope y'all are having a great Sunday.

1 comments:

Glynis said...

I hope you're feeling better now! And your comment about 'winter playground--not!' makes me think of the movie White Christmas (my absolute fav. Christmas movie). I can't wait to get to know you better through your blog. I think we have a lot in common (not the least of which is our faith). Blessings, my friend!