Saturday, January 27, 2007

ARGH!!

Interesting few days...

I went to the One Voice Easter preview last night. John and Kate couldn't go. Dona Lynn asked if I'd join the creative team. I'm looking forward to that. John was sound asleep on the couch when I got home - the long day in subzero temps had taken it's toll on him.

Today John and I headed for Boston to see Hilary and Andrew. I drove so John could continue to work on his sermon. It is usually a 2-1/2 hour trip. We were doing fine timewise - even with a few fun stops - until we got about 16 miles from our exit. It took 2 hours to go 3 miles!!! I do not like tunnels, so going to Quincy anytime is a challenge for me (I'm getting better though). Today I was in bumper to bumper traffic in the tunnel. To top that off I was bumped from behind by a car in the tunnel. I had seen in my rearview mirror that she wasn't paying attention...a few minutes later...bump. It wasn't a hard bump and I didn't expect much, if any damage, but I still had to get out of the car IN THE TUNNEL (A REAL issue for the "tunnelly challenged" LOL). Her excuse was she reached for the heater and a cigarette...There appears to be no damage - hooray! We arrived on campus at 3 PM, went to Panera Bread with Hil, Andrew and his family at 3:30 PM and then took Hil to get some groceries after we ate. We left campus at 5:45 PM - a LONG trip for a short visit, but it was good to see Hilary (and Andrew...)

The good part of the trip...John and I had time together to just talk, ponder our future, etc...so that was nice. All in all, in spite of the LONG trip to Boston, it was a nice day. God is good even when you are stuck in tunnels ;0).

0 comments: